Saturday, June 6, 2009

I (heart) estate sales

I do heart estate sales - you never know what you might find...


like this quilt remnant - never actually made into a full quilt. The workmanship is AMAZING. Not sure what I will do with these 2 large pieces (PS I don't know how to sew...) but I'm thinking I can team up with my seamstress and figure something out.

I really heart this:

A patchwork throw blanket made from old sweaters? Or hand-knit squares/rectangles made especially for this blanket? Regardless, this makes me want to learn to sew/knit IMMEDIATELY. I'm hoping this will go well with the wingback chair I'm still waiting on.

I found an aqua tool box (who knew aqua would be a popular color for a tool box?) with a vibrant red interior. Fabulous! To the right of it is the strangest find of the day - 2 telephone wire insulators. Apparently these are used at the top of telephone poles - who knew? I just thought they were interesting looking.



Finally, the very first thing I laid eyes on:

You cannot deny this lamp is pretty awesome/ridiculous. The lamp itself is just funky and fun, but the lampshade? Out of control. I'm thinking of replacing the shade to tone down the crazy a little bit, but the lamp now resides in my daughter's room and she loves it, shade and all.

All these fabulous finds and I spent about 30 bucks.

2 comments:

April Boyer Modern Handmade June 6, 2009 at 3:05 PM  

I love that lamp! Great color and great find!

Sara June 16, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

oh crap. I totally have this exact same lamp... but the shade was shot, and we can't find a suitable replacement. Thrift store find, $5.