Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A walk in the park (and a family photo shoot)

Riker 07

How cute are these two? Park photo shoots with kids are difficult for one huge reason - the playground. It is not easy to convince a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old that it will be SO much more fun to wander around the park and sit on trees and rocks and take photos than it would be to go down the slide on your belly or to swing as high as your little legs will pump you. But Matthew and Kate (and their parents - friends of mine for many years now) - were very good sports.

A note on Matthew & Kate's mommy, Kim - we have known each other for years - went to the same college, had friends in common - but it wasn't until we worked together at "the" law firm (the one I wrote about here) that we became good friends. Misery NEEDS company, or at least that's how I felt. I believe Kim's addiction to iced chai lattes at Starbucks can be attributed to me and my desperate need to leave my office almost every day around 3pm to walk to the local Starbucks, fellow lawyers in tow.

What I appreciate about Kim is that she must have heard me whine and complain for YEARS about how much I did not enjoy the practice of law, and yet she never rolled her eyes at me, or told me to just shut up already. She had every right to - I'm sure I was pretty annoying at times. But she has been so supportive of every twist and turn in my career, and I was more than flattered when she asked if I would take her family photos. It is nice to have my "lawyer friends" be so encouraging of this massive shift in careers for me.

Enough writing - on to the photos!

Riker 05

I don't think Matthew stopped laughing the entire shoot, which makes my job easier...

Riker 03

Riker 06

Kate playing peek-a-boo with the tree trunk - such a cutie!

Riker 04

Riker 01

LOVE this photo - such a sweet moment between mommy and her little girl.

Riker 01

Such a lovely day - thanks Riker family!

0 comments: