Wednesday, October 21, 2009

ALOHA!

(photo by konaboy)

In about 36ish hours from now, I hope to be doing this. The family is packing up and heading to Kauai for a week of R&R. And boy do I need it! I am really fascinated and excited by melissa brandman photography and all the possibilities, but I am very overwhelmed by it all too. I don't have endless amounts of time to build this business - there is never enough hours in the day to do all that I need or want to do. Not to mention I want to be there when my daughters want to color pictures on the floor, when my husband wants to chat about his day, or when I want to just sit and read a book. Never enough time...

So I'm taking a break from the blog - no posts the entire time I'm gone. I'm sure you'll survive without me or my lessons for a week or so, right? I do have a homework assignment - remember this post on shooting in black and white? My goal is to shoot the not-so-obvious parts of Kauai in b+w. I'll be sure to post my photos when I get home.

Aloha!

2 comments:

heidistitches October 22, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

Lucky! Who is the little boy in your banner photo??? I want his hair!! Women would pay megabucks to have that kind of highlighting - amazing! Have a great week off. I can't wait to see what photos you bring back with you.

Amy October 23, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

Hope you have an amazing vacation! Look forward to seeing the photos.

I'm shooting B&W with the vintage Rollie this weekend.