Monday, July 13, 2009

Brown family photos - urban safari (part two)

The one HUGE benefit of a family photo shoot that includes an 11 year old girl and a 9 year old boy? Efficiency. We managed to shoot hundreds of shots in a little less than 2 hours. And that included a Starbucks break. It didn't hurt that Mackenzie and Blake were good sports and up for trying different shots.

Although they ARE brother and sister:

brother/sister love

More from our downtown adventures:



We stumbled upon this mosaic - it has to be over 30 feet tall. Amazing work - I wish I knew the story behind it.

palm trees

In the process of reviewing my "portfolio" I noticed I have very few wide angle shots (horizontal or vertical). During our shoot, there was no shortage buildings/murals/alleys that cried out for a wider shot, so I experimented with this shot.

And this one:
brown family - alley

talk about being good sports...

brown family - stairs

brown family - stairs

These were taken in the stairwell of the parking structure that I parked in. I noticed on my way out that the lighting was really edgy and cool in there. It was also, um, fragrant - not in a good way. But everyone was so great - they were game for anything. The first is without flash - standing REALLY still because the shutter had to be set to 1/20 to get the shot. The second is with my external flash manually set to dial back the flash brightness. I like the shadows it created.

I did shoot some more "classic" photos that day too:



blake

mackenzie

brown family

Thank you Brown family - I had a GREAT time photographing you guys!


1 comments:

Anonymous July 13, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

My very favorite are the first and last pictures! Those should be in frames ASAP!