Wednesday, May 27, 2009

wanderlust - Park Guell, Barcelona

After writing yesterday's photography 201 lesson on histograms, I was reminded of just how much I LOVE Barcelona. Truly. It is one of my favorite cities on the planet. If you are an architecture buff, you MUST visit this city. Antoni Gaudi's work is everywhere, the most famous example being the Sagrada Familia. In fact, I have so many amazing photos and memories from Barcelona, I will only post a couple today from Park Guell. The park is a little like Disneyland on acid. The park as a whole is pretty amazing, but I was fascinated with the mosaic work throughout the park - here are just a few closeups of the colors:

mosaic
mosaic ceiling
 mosaic

Isn't it so cheerful? The workmanship is inspiring - makes me want to create something...

Thought these photos were perfect for a little Wednesday pick-me-up. Now go forth and finish your week!


0 comments: