Tuesday, October 6, 2009

a photo shoot with Spiderman & The Flash (& their parents)

Superheros 52

I am fascinated by how little boys play. Probably because I have two little girls that are mostly about pink and Barbie and tutus and tiaras. With the occasional soccer ball and race car thrown in. During our family photo shoot this weekend, these two little superheros were all about running, jumping, climbing, swinging - pausing once in a while for a gummy worm from their photographer (my "treat" - also known as a bribe).

A bit of background for you - I went to high school with the superheros' mommy - we reconnected on Facebook and she contacted me for a family photo shoot.
Brittany and I were on cheer together in high school - we even traveled with our squad to Dallas, Texas for a national cheer competition (where we had a lot of fun, but we did not do well - we California girls had NO idea what cheerleading could entail until we met up with other cheerleaders from the South. But we had fun, regardless). I simply cannot believe how much time has passed since we were at cheer practice together (more than I care to admit...) and yet during our photo shoot it was just like old times.

I enjoy spending time with any family I photograph, but it is especially sweet for me to spend time with friends I've known for so long - to see how far we've come and how our lives have developed since graduating high school. I had so much fun photographing this family - I think you will see from the photos how much they truly love and enjoy one another. We had a blast!

So without further ado I give you Spiderman & The Flash (and their parents):

Superheros 15
Here is the happy family in a rare moment during our photo shoot - standing still! Our photo shoot took place at this incredible park with views stretching from the Pacific Ocean and Catalina all the way to Downtown Los Angeles.

We spent very little time admiring the view and most of our time HAVING FUN!

Superheros 12
Superheros 34
Superheros 50
Superheros 43
Superheros 45
Superheros 23

(PS I know the last one is out of focus a bit. I don't care - I love it.)

Even with all the fun of running, jumping, and playing, there were some sweet moments shared:

Superheros 32
Superheros 35
Superheros 51

Thanks my little superheros for a fun day at the park!
Superheros 10
Superheros 54

(PPS - could those eyes be any more blue??)

(PPPS - for a slideshow from our photo session click here)

3 comments:

bso October 6, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

These are incredible Melissa! We so enjoyed our time with you (and it was super fun to see you again)! Thank you for capturing this special season in our lives so beautifully!

Brittany

Jen October 7, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

They are great pics Melis! Brittany, your boys are adorable. They look just like you!

Gray Photography - Zach and Jody - Nashville Wedding Photography October 8, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

Sooo cute! Love the silhouette shot!!