Thursday, October 15, 2009

how to photograph food (yummmmm)

It's hard to believe the holiday season is almost upon us. You know deep down in your heart that it's a little over the top that stores like Target have their Christmas displays already out, and it's not even Halloween yet. Come on, admit it. The other day when I was shopping at Target a blind guy - seriously, a blind guy - turned and said to me "Christmas stuff out already?" That's how bad it is at my local Target.

But man, do I love holiday food. I used to hate stuffing until a friend of mine gave me an outrageous recipe to make one Thanksgiving - now, I would eat an entire casserole dish full if I could. But when it comes time to document my cooking or the holiday meals we've enjoyed over the years, my photos are always kind of blah.

Never fear - Pioneer Woman to the rescue! Click here for 8 tips on how to photograph food - get a tissue just in case you drool over the tart that is featured...

Bon Appetit!

1 comments:

Melissa October 15, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

Don't you just love her!?!

My mom makes fun of me to no end around the holidays when I'm cooking with a camera around my neck. What? That's not normal? Says who!?!