Wednesday, May 6, 2009

wanderlust - Siena

(photo courtesy of ranton.it)

Ah, Italy - we visited on our honeymoon over 8 years ago - started in Rome, made our way through Tuscany and Florence, and ended at Cinque Terre. Not a bad way to start a marriage off! Alas, it was long ago - no digital photos to speak of, and I don't have a scanner. So thanks to flickr, here are some photos from one of my favorite stops on our honeymoon - Siena.

(photo by kernel mustard)

The duomo in Siena (since many Italian cities seem to have their own duomo) - simply stunning.
(PS - I forgot to write down which flickr member posted this photo...so I can't give credit where credit is due. Sorry!)

Siena is probably the most famous town in all of Tuscany, and for good reason. I think I could visit Tuscany every year and never get bored. But alas, until my kids are a little older the thought of flying 15 hours to Italy is not all that appealing...

1 comments:

Anonymous May 7, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

I wish we would have traveled to Tuscany when we went to Italy. Next time!
Sean and I couldn't stop talking last night about traveling and how much we enjoyed that trip.....it's been far too long since we have packed the bags and used the passport.....