Wednesday, April 22, 2009

alice rose

alice rose

There seems to be a bit of a baby boom right now with some of my friends (and their friends, and so on). Miss Alice Rose is almost seven weeks old and is such a sweet soul. My favorite part of photographing newborns is all those delicious details - the teeny tiny hands, the wrinkly feet, the chubby arms and legs. All those details exhausted parents may not be able to appreciate, with all the late night feedings, colic, etc.

Alice's parents are very lucky, though - she is a calm, easygoing baby (at least in my presence). She was game for some nude photos, even cooperating by not peeing or pooping on the backdrops! And those eyes - they just get me. Such a lovely little one!

alice rose
alice rose
alice rose
alice rose
alice rose
alice rose

4 comments:

jackie kersh April 22, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

beautiful pictures. 7 weeks old...seems like a million years ago, doesn't it?

Barbara April 22, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

The fingers and towes get me every time. They're so teenie-tiny. She's a gorgeous baby. As a photographer, what do you think the best time is to schedule a first photo session?

Melissa April 23, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

I like newborn pictures at around 8-9 weeks. My daughter's pediatrician said that's when they "look like themselves" and it's true - from looking at pictures of both of my daughters there is a distinct turning point where their faces change and they look like, well, themselves!

But I also take pictures of really newborns (1-2 weeks) for birth announcements.

heidistitches April 23, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

Look at all the peach-fuzz - so adorable! Great photos.