Wednesday, January 28, 2009

fun with flickr

I equate this lesson with the days you watched a movie in class - a fun and easy day at school!

I admit, I'm a flickr moron. I have an account (as you can see from my slideshow on the side over there), but it took me a very, very long time to figure out that cool little feature. So this week I tried to explore flickr more, and I stumbled (literally, as I am still for the most part a flickr moron) on the group Six One Way, a group that uploads triptychs week to week for 1 year (or at least the original members did so). The end result is a lovely journal of your year, your travels, your family, etc.

What is a triptych, you ask? Wikipedia provides a more elaborate response, but for our purposes this is a triptych:

Cathedral, Barcelona, Spain

This is a triptych of the Cathedral in Barcelona, Spain (which, by the way, is absolutely stunning in person). How can I make one, you ask? Click here and follow these instructions:

  1. click on mosaic maker
  2. choose the square tiles layout, with 3 columns and 1 row
  3. upload photos (they make it easy if you already have a flickr account)
  4. enjoy your triptych!

0 comments: