Monday, December 22, 2008

Winter Break - Class Dismissed!

Hi everyone - I'll be taking a break to spend time with family and friends, and to practice some of these tips I've been sharing. I will also need to take my fancy-pants camera in for repairs (the auto focus has not been working, which makes it even more difficult to take pictures of squirmy babies/kids).

So I tried the advice I found on getting your kids to smile on cue for a posed pic - we attempted a semi-posed picture of a 3 year old, a 10 month old and an 8.5 month old (these are family photos, just fyi).

Here's an example of saying "cheeeese" and that fake smile no one wants:

And while this one is cute (in my humble opinion), it's my daughter, OF COURSE, that would not smile for any of the tricks we tried (playing bells and then "freezing," animal on the head, crazy sounds, etc.) And I would have had whatever they found so interesting be directly behind me instead of to my right, so they would have been looking up or into the camera, and not down and to the side - whatever it was, clearly it was fascinating.

At least my niece knows how to come through - What a cutie!

And I did manage to catch a family shot where everyone is smiling:


Happy Holidays everyone! Class resumes on January 8th.

0 comments: