Monday, November 2, 2009

Kauai (b+w)

Kauai bw 00

Kauai bw 07

Kauai bw 06

Kauai bw 03

Kauai bw 05

Kauai bw 09

Kauai bw 04

Kauai bw 08

Kauai bw 01

I have to admit - I did not stay true to the assignment and shoot these in black and white - I shot in color and converted to black and white. It's hard to resist all the vibrant colors you see in Kauai...I'll be posting more photos in color later this week. We had a wonderful time, but it's good to be home.

(PS I have no idea what was up with the car-turned-scrap-metal at the beach. Gives a whole new meaning to "beach clean up day").

4 comments:

Melissa November 2, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

Glad you had a great trip! It's interesting to see B&W photos from Hawaii...like you said there's just so much color! I really love the really foggy one somewhere in the middle, it's perfect in B&W.

Jen November 3, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

You must have had a blast shooting pics in Kauai! Can't wait to see them.

Cherry Tree Lane November 3, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

My favorite of these is the bridge shot. Super cool!

Amy November 4, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

These are really nice. My favorite is the the tree in the fog. It is weird to see Hawaii on B+W but I really enjoy it, you pay much more attention to the details.