Friday, August 28, 2009

I DID IT! (and other random thoughts)


Here it is! My yellow belt. All I had to do was 15 push-ups (after an entire hard-core 45 minutes of kickboxing) and break a wood board with my knee. Breaking the board was not so hard - thankfully there were several people testing with me so I wasn't alone. And one of my classmates didn't break the board the first time, so she just repositioned herself and tried again. No biggie. So hooray - I conquered my fear of physical testing in front of others! I didn't realize I had such a fear, but I'm glad that's over with.

And in keeping with the kickboxing/karate/hapkido etc. metaphor, check out Camera Dojo for more tips and tutorials. Very cool site with lots of great information.

So, the blogging has been a tad quiet this week because...I finished my website. In fact, I am waiting for word that it is live and available for viewing - I'll be sure to share once it is. I am sooooooo anxious to see it, and even more so to share it with the world. I never realized how unnerving it is to put so much of yourself into your art and to then just put it out there for people to either love it or... not love it. But fingers crossed, the website will go live today...

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Amy August 28, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

Congratulations on your yellow belt. So excited for you on your new website too. Can't wait to see it.

Amber August 28, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

congrats! melissa!!!
what a huge accomplishment!
a mother w/ a yellow belt = a dangerous combo to anyone who messes w/ her kiddos!!!

Angela@the crazyness that is me August 28, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

Congrats!!!

Alexandra September 3, 2009 at 6:49 AM  

Oooh i love your photography :) I love the colors, very fresh and different from what I normally see :)