Monday, August 3, 2009

art project - sidewalk paint

sidewalk paint

I'll be honest - becoming a mom was not a natural transition for me. I struggled for a long time with my oldest daughter, trying to figure out who I was as a "mom" and how I could be the best mom to her (and now her little sister) when I felt like I had no idea what I was doing.

I don't even pretend to have this all figured out, but one thing I have learned about myself is that I'm good at creating art projects for my girls. Every morning my oldest wants to do "art projects" - I LOVE this! I've been following blogs such as The Crafty Crow, seeking out age appropriate projects for us to try together.

So I read a post over at ohdeedoh on how to make sidewalk chalk paint - perfect for both my little ones! So easy, inexpensive, and easy to wash out of everything (and believe me, it gets everywhere).

Here are a few photos from our painting session:

red boots

Love the red rain boots she insisted on, even when it's 1 MILLION degrees outside...

sidewalk paint

But she worked it!

2009-07-31 at 15-45-14

Clearly we are nearing the end of our painting session, as the lovely shades of red, yellow, green and blue have now turned into a shade of milk chocolate...

orla kiely and sidewalk paint

My favorite coffee mug - and one fabulous art project!

This week I'm thinking butterflies out of tissue paper and pipe cleaners...

(I experimented with another vintage-like tint in the color photos. A bit more blue, less yellow. Any thoughts on it?)

3 comments:

Amber August 3, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

love that miss c is SASSY in those red boots....girls are such trendsetters at that age!
great idea tho! and i do like the tint on the pics. gives them a more classic not -so -modern digital feel!

Kat August 3, 2009 at 9:28 PM  

What a great idea. I also have a crafty one in my house! She'd love this! Have you ever done homemade playdough? I think that might be one of our projects after VBS ends.

heidistitches August 4, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

Ummmmm, would you like a new mug? I have the same mug and I never use it (also one in brown). I know the ingredients are all "natural" but I'm not sure if I could look at your mug the same way again!!!! :>)
Very cute post. I love it when kids are into doing art - so cool!