Wednesday, July 29, 2009

someday

  • I will have a clean house again, without legos and art supplies in every corner
  • I will have time to take a long bath
  • I will use my passport again
  • I will not wash dishes 20 times a day
  • I will be in incredible shape with a fabulous wardrobe that doesn't include "park" or "play" clothes
  • I will not have to break up fights, or put a kid in time out
  • I will have alone time again
but as for today, I will enjoy this person:

josie

and this one:

late sunlight

I can live with legos, glue sticks, crayons, hitting matches, some crying, a few temper tantrums, and lots of together time. I will not worry about tomorrow - I will enjoy today.

Enjoy your Wednesday!

6 comments:

heidistitches July 29, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

and I keep reminding myself that when I'm old and I look back on my life, I won't remember the fancy clothes and perfect house (I still dream too!), I'll remember sticky hands, sticky hugs, and that cute little guy who still likes to curl up next to me, gives me kisses without asking, and tells me he loves me.

Anonymous July 29, 2009 at 8:25 AM  

you hit the nail.
we will never regret pouring our energy into our children/family, even when there are other things to "do".

Great post!

Carebear July 29, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

Mel - I cannot begin to tell you how this post came at the right time. Thanks!

Amber July 29, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

because really who has time to take a bath anyway?
i love this post. this is the best time ever and "someday" it will be gone too soon!
amber

Jacob, Noelle, Blake and Mackenzie July 29, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

great post! take it from me - they grow up WAY TOO FAST. So many times I have to remind myself that my house does not have to be perfect...I need to stop doing my "chores" and spend time with my sweet kiddos - while they still want to be around me (before the teenage years :) ). Enjoy your week!

Kat August 3, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

What a great way to put things into perspective!