Monday, July 27, 2009

a personal note - my flower girls

This past Saturday my two little girls were the flower girls for their Papa's wedding (for clarification Papa = grandpa, or my father-in-law). Well, my 15 month old didn't make it to the ceremony, so I guess she was more like an honorary FG. Here is my 3.5 year old, dutifully performing her role:

michael + pamela

After my stint as Meghan + Tristan's official wedding photographer, I realized how much more difficult it is to photograph a wedding as a guest (and as the mother of the flower girls). I was limited to photographing what I could capture from my seat, and I was more focused on making sure my 3.5 year old wasn't too disruptive during the ceremony. But I couldn't resist getting some more wedding photography practice in:

michael + pamela

michael + pamela
For this shot I could have used my flash. And a tripod. And perhaps a different lens. But for me, the blurriness sort of works.

michael + pamela
I was seated in the second row, right on the aisle (to monitor my flower girl) and I had a birdseye view of the cello.

michael + pamela
Mother of the bride - love the wood grain of the pew in this shot.

michael + pamela

2009-07-25 at 12-54-39 (1)

michael + pamela
the ring bearer (and my daughter's best friend for the weekend - too bad he lives in North Carolina)

michael + pamela

The first dance:

michael + pamela

michael + pamela

2009-07-25 at 15-00-31 (1)

My little one rejoined us at the reception and got her party on!

michael + pamela

As did my older one:

michael + pamela

And lots of CRAZY dancing and giggles with daddy:

michael + pamela

Good times, indeed!

1 comments:

April Boyer Modern Handmade July 27, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

C looks so much like you in that last one, so cute! Another great job Melissa!