Wednesday, March 25, 2009

gulp

It looks like I was just hired to photograph...a wedding! A friend of mine (and a good friend of my sister-in-law) is getting married in July. I am so flattered (and a little nervous) that she is willing to let me photograph her wedding - but I'm also SUPER excited! I always manage to lug my huge camera to friends' weddings, hoping to capture a great moment or photos of all the beautiful details that make a wedding so special. Now I can be the "official" photographer - I'm just thrilled at the opportunity.

I have LOTS to learn before the big day...must get cracking...

4 comments:

Carebear March 25, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

HOW EXCITING!! but nerve wrecking at the same time. You will do awesome!

Melissa March 25, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

Thanks Carrie - I'm sure I'll get progressively more freaked out as July approaches...

BeachyDuck March 26, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

I know there are TONS of resources for stuff like this - but I saw this article and thought of you & this blog post:

http://digital-photography-school.com/50-must-have-wedding-photography-shots.

Don't know if you're familiar with this guy's site - I love it because he's got tips for everyone, from pros to people who don't know how to turn on their point and shoot. I always learn something.

Melissa March 26, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

Oooh, thanks Patti! I have this site bookmarked. I actually referenced this site for the shallow depth of field lesson, and I've been meaning to explore it more.