Thursday, February 12, 2009

Family Photos - Carrie



These photos were submitted by Lens Flare reader Carrie - her son is just adorable! I like how both shots are at an angle, and the little one is not directly centered in the shot - makes it more interesting.

To show an example of the rule of thirds, I edited the top photo a little in iPhoto:

before

after

Drawing a tic tac toe grid over the photograph, the little one's nose and lower eye should be in line with the top third of the photo. I like how the cropped photo brings even more emphasis to his eyes and silly face!

Carrie also submitted a beautiful sunset photo that will be the subject of today lesson...stay tuned...

2 comments:

Carebear February 12, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

What a handsome kid!

In regards to photo editing, I have CS3 but I don't have my degree in Rocket Science to figure it out. What do you suggest for beginngers to use to edit/enhance photos?

Melissa February 13, 2009 at 2:44 PM  

Ever since I became a Mac user I've been using iPhoto. I just got Aperture (like Photoshop for Mac) and I'm still getting used to it.

I have used Picasa in the past and liked it. It's pretty basic but it does the trick. I found a lot of other programs I was going to check out - I'll post about this soon!